What does INSTYLAN contain??
|Sterilni rastvor za intravezikalnu irigaciju||50 ml|
Excipients: Water for Injection, NaCl
Hyaluronic acid is a basic structural component of the bladder wall that has a protective role. Disruption of the structure and function of the protective barrier allows the penetration of toxic components and pathogenic bacteria from the urine into the deeper layers of the bladder wall, thus easily causing infection and inflammation.
How does INSTYLAN act?
When injected into the bladder cavity, highly elastic film is created on the surface of the mucous membrane which provides for:
Protection of the bladder from the external influences during different procedures
Protection of the bladder from the harmful influence of the urine content
Protection of the sensitive mucosa layer from mechanical injuries
Prevention of development of inflammatory reactions
Restoration of the mucous layer after damage (e.g. radiation)
In which conditions is the administration recommended?
Hyperactive urinary bladder
After certain diagnostic and surgical procedures: ureteroscopy, cytoscopy, transurethral resection, adenoma etc.
After radiation therapy for treatment of cancer
Appearance of toxic substances in the urine
Method of administration
- INSTYLAN je namenjen za intravezikalnu upotrebu jednom nedeljno.
- Treatment cycle includes 4-12 doses.
- Before use, the solution temperature must be minimum 20°C.
- Patient must empty the bladder before use.
- INSTYLAN is administered in the urinary bladder cavity via catheter; one dose is administered in duration from 30 minutes to 2 hours.