What does DIART contain?
- DIART contains the pre-filled disposable syringe with 36 mg of hyaluronic acid and sodium succinate.
- Hyaluronic acid is a building element that creates a highly elastic layer on the joint surface In this way, it restores cartilage elasticity and has a positive effect on the restoration of synovial fluid function. In addition, large hyaluronic acid molecules reduce inflammation locally, reducing pain and increasing joint mobility.
- Hyaluronic acid in this product is:
- of synthetic origin, which prevents allergic reactions
- of high-molecular-weight, about 3.000 kDa in size
- of optimum pH
- Sodium-succinate is important for patients with osteoarthritis because it acts as a potent antioxidant and influences the reduction in production of certain types of molecules which are directly involved in the development of osteoarthritis.
Method of use
DIART should be administered by healthcare professionals only who are trained for injecting it into joints and it should be administered only in the synovial space.